"Take my picture and put it on your blog"


OK, Ellen.  Here is your picture on mommy's blog.
This Santa hat has spent all year on the top shelf of her closet.  Off and on she has wanted it down in the worst way, but I have made her wait 'til Christmas.  Well....close enough to Christmas.  She just couldn't stand it any longer.  So last night I got it down and this AM she wanted her picture taken and wanted me to post it on my blog. 

This was not what I was going to blog about, but it's awfully cute!

And while we are on the subject of Christmas.  Ellen has talked several times about Santa Claus not being real and all.  She wants to know the specific reason WHY he isn't real, and we go over how there really are reindeer but that they can't really fly.  Elves don't really exist...etc. 

But in school they wrote a letter to Santa this week, and Ellen was all happy about that.  Hubby wanted her to tell him what she asked Santa to bring her; you know, so he could get her one of those gifts and tell her Santa brought it to her.  But to hubby's utter annoyance and vexation she said; "Oh, I can't tell you, it's a secret!"  And she wouldn't tell me either.  I laughed and laughed.

BUT.  Last night she decided she wanted to write a second letter to Santa; and she wanted to dictate it to me.  So hubby is going to get some Christmas gift ideas after all.  Ha ha...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story