Produce in November


For the most part my garden is kaput. I have yet to clear all the vines and weeds and whatnot from the beds, but fresh produce is just a memory...almost.

This is a picture of a couple of our winter radishes. They are called "China Rose" and are an Asian variety. As you can see, they get huge. That is a quarter there next to them. You'd think that they'd be woody or dry and pithy but they are actually really good; crisp and juicy and very radish-y. Hubby likes radishes more than I do. But it's something to grow and something to put on the table for him.

Somewhere I have read that you can cook radishes much like you'd cook any other root vegetable, but I haven't, as yet, got up the courage or wherewithal to give it a try. And hubby hasn't been clamoring for mashed radishes or some such, so I think perhaps I will just leave it alone.

Today I assisted hubby with another culvert transport. He now has a couple of driveway grading projects lined up. It will keep him busy for a week or two, depending on how it goes. One driveway is super long and in horrible condition, so it may take longer than one might think. Another driveway is actually just a road going down to the river on a kind of resort place not too far from here. The people have only lived there a couple of months, it will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those are some ginormous radishes!

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story