Cutting and gathering

Today brought a couple more adventures...all involving wood.

First off this morning, after chores and Ellen's breakfast we got ready and went up the road to trim limbs from hubby's aunt's roadway. This involved my driving the big diesel flatbed in stops and starts up the road whilst hubby, standing on the bed; banged on the roof, hollered directions (back up, go forward, turn sharp to that hawthorn, ease up to that oak...etc) and did the sawing, and Ellen squalled her head off about 75 percent of the time because she didn't like all the noise. Hubby set the air brake the first stop before he got out and that set her off but good. She did NOT like it at all. But it didn't take us long and there at the end she was getting used to it.

After we came back from that hubby had to go get another load of dry walnut wood for Ger. (Ger being what Ellen calls her grandmother. She came up with it all on her own, just when she was first starting to talk.)

Hubby had it all cut by the time we got there, so all we had to do was pick it up and load it on the trailer. Ellen could get into this really well. She loved carting around the little pieces.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for visiting today . . .I hope you will come back! Oh, I hate driving scary, big trucks. One time I drove my husband's diesel truck about 6 miles with the emergency brake on. When I arrived, it was smoking and he was not pleased with me. But the light was broken, so how was I to know?!

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story