Smudge and Bella


 If you have been a long-time reader of this blog you will know that Bella is TDIDW; the dog I didn't want.  She is smarter than she ought to be, and she can be an absolute idiot....at least in seeming.  For instance, she doesn't know when to leave well enough alone.  She adores the cat.  But she makes a complete nuisance of herself; just hovers over her, nudges under her, paws at her, and generally just won't stop aggravating her.  

 Smudge puts up with it for a bit, but then wants to be left alone.  Therefore when they are together, Bella is always on a leash and I am always hanging on to it.  

Smudge is a self-proclaimed touch-me-not.  She is not a cuddly cat.  She tolerates being held for a bit, but will switch her tail the whole time, maybe 3 minutes, then start squirming to get down.  It's kind of sad because she is so fluffy and cuddly-looking.  But no.  When she gets tired of you she will bite.   Funnily enough though; she won't bite down hard or draw blood, she just sits there with your hand in her teeth for a bit.  When she gets REALLY peeved she will claw, and then she draws blood. So anyway, the fact that she puts up with the dog nosing at her for any amount of time is astounding.

Comments

Donna. W said…
My cat Blue is actually more cuddly than I would like. He'd happily sleep in my lap all day. Unfortunately, Gabe is jealous, so to keep the peace I'd have to have them both on my lap. So on these fall mornings when I let Blue inside, I make sure to pet him and talk to him for awhile, and he's learning to make do with that and go to the chair he sleeps in all morning.
Calfkeeper said…
It is funny how they all have their own personalities. Our other cat, who has passed on now, would pile up in my lap whenever and wherever I would sit down. She loved being held. And, yes, sometimes that was a nuisance. But I miss her.

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story