A Typical Friday

Quite a few years back during NaBloPoMo I did a post here with that same title, I believe.  It involved a grocery shopping trip and coming home to chase a cow or calf.  

Today the grocery shopping was the same...with the exception that I am likely paying three times as much per item than I did back then.  

But today I came home, put the groceries away and was able to putter in the house.  It is hunting season, so I avoid long walks in the trees.  The dog and I will stick close to home for the next few weeks. 

It is nice to not have bottle calves before dawn and after supper.  Such a relief.  

So today was a typical Friday, post dairy.  

And that is a good thing.

Comments

Donna. W said…
I'm so strange, I loved going out to milk and feed my bottle babies in the dark mornings. My cousins who grew up milking cows thought it was the craziest thing, that I liked to milk cows, because they remembered having to do it every morning before school and would have wanted no part of it.
Calfkeeper said…
At first I did rejoice in caring for the bottle babies. But by then end of our dairy daze, as it were, it was overwhelming. Bottle feeding, poop scooping, spreading hay, caring for my daughter, and taking care of my mom with dementia took a major toll. It was so overwhelming as to be something to be dreaded. I doubt that feeling will ever dissipate; the feeling of stress I had at that time. Strange but true.
Donna. W said…
I can understand that.

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story