Little Black Bowl

 In the early 90s, I even forget which year exactly; I moved from California to Oregon.  I stayed with my brother and his family for a year or so.

I remember the first shopping trip my sister-in-law took me on was to Fred Meyer in the Gateway district of SE Portland.  Having come from a teensy town in CA I had never been to a super and was fascinated with everything.  For some reason I was taken with this set of melamine (I think) tableware; little plates and bowls...etc.  The fact that it was black was enchanting to me for some reason that escapes me now.  But for my first purchase in Portland I bought a little plate and bowl.  This was back in 1992 I believe, which means it has been 31 years.  

Nineteen years ago Gary took a fancy to it and has eaten his cornflakes out of this little black bowl.  (I hauled it out of the dish drainer for this picture; that is why there are water drips on it.)

I don't know what happened to the plate.  I suppose I didn't use it very much so I just donated it to Good Will when I was still in Portland.  At any rate, this bowl has gone with me through 6 moves.  And here it still is.  

It is funny/odd the random things we hang on to over the years. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story