Odometer Oddness

Is there anyone else who does this?  I know there is one lady from my Facebook friends list who does, at least.  I guess even at my age I enjoy recording times when everything lines up.  I think our brains tend to want things ordered, in sync, symmetrical; so we notice things like this.

These are from two different vehicles. Occasionally I pulled off the road to get the picture before the numbers changed.  The last instance I actually drove the car up and down the road for about a mile and a half to get it to the correct number.  The first one was taken in May 14, 2022, in the Toyota Yaris.


 
 This next one was taken in Ed.  Ed is our Kia.  We got the car from our neighbors, Ed and Linda, so we just named the car Ed.  It's a good way to tell the cars apart.  Ed, the neighbor, passed away soon after we bought the car from them and Linda moved.  Ed, the car, has been through the ringer, but he's automatic transmission so he's Ellen's back and forth to school car.  She needs to learn how to drive stick.  Maybe some day.  Anyway.  This was Dec 17, 2022

Feb 1, 2023  The Toyota  This was in the morning, it was probably freaking cold that morning.  But this is the time we leave to take Ellen to the bus stop.


March 1, 2023.  The Yaris.  It sure doesn't take long to put the miles on the car.  And we don't even drive it every day.  But back and forth to town a couple of times per week and it racks up the miles.

March 13, 2023

April 18, 2023 The Yaris.  Yes I do tend to not dust the car.  I am not much of one to worry about what or how it looks, but I do clean it out every once in a while.  But the gunk you see on the glass, or plastic actually, over the odometer is on the INSIDE and I can't get to it.  Ugh. 

July 1, 2023

August 31, 2023


October 20, 2023

October 28, 2023  Back in Ed.  This is where I drove up and down the road to get it from 141412 to 141414.


November 4, 2023  Back in the Toyota



And that is it so far. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story