Sneaker Holidays and a Vanishing Holiday

Sneaker Holidays

As a rule I am sorta-kinda always ready for Christmas fairly early. I usually start buying in late spring or summer. But this year Christmas kind of sneaked up on me.

Is is "sneaked" or "snuck?" I never can remember. I guess it's of no consequence.

At any rate.

This year I am not ready, except for my overseas pals. I have a vague idea of what to get a couple of people, but for the most part, I have no idea.

Halloween sneaked up on me too this year.

Sneaker Holidays. They catch you by surprised, unprepared.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is happening to me because I am getting older. I believe this is a chronic and universal ailment. The older one gets, the faster the time goes. And the quicker the holidays sneak up.

A Disappearing Holiday


Thanksgiving is next week.

How about you? Are YOU prepared for Christmas? Are you prepared for Thanksgiving?

Hubby thinks that Thanksgiving is becoming an outmoded holiday. Not because he thinks it's not important, but because it is just that retail-wise it seems to be getting pushed by the wayside. Three days before Halloween I went into the grocery store and all the fall decorations were down and the Christmas decorations were up.

What? Wait; what about those fold out crepe-paper turkeys, and the Pilgrims and their hats? What about the cornucopias?

Where has all of that fun stuff gone?

I'd like to know.

Comments

Frau Guten Tag said…
Ive always been one to be ready for Christmas early but my hubby is a last minute guy so we usually compromise & its later than I like but earlier than hubby likes.

I say snuck but not sure if its correct.

I HATE that thansgiving gets ignored. So what if its not a big money making holiday for the stores, the stores should be thankful. I LOVE Thanksgiving (& Christmas & easter) myself.
Anonymous said…
Sneaker Holiday! I love it. I keep having Sneaker Days, Sneaker weeks, Sneaker Months!
Calfkeeper said…
Frau-my hubby is always a last minute shopper as well. HE likes to wait til the week before. Then he says he doesn't have to sweat about what to buy; he just gets what's left on the shelf. lol

Anony-thanks for stopping in!

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story