Day 25

Here I am on Day 25 of NaBloPoMo. I think, as long as my internet connection holds out, that I will make it yet again this year.

They ought to rename Black Friday. Wasn't it last year or the year before that shoppers trampled the employee who unlocked the doors at a Wal-Mart? Now this year some woman goes in pepper-spraying folks. I hope they catch her.

They ought to call this day something along the lines of Let's See Who We Can Kill or Maim Just So We Can Buy More China Junk Day.

Is "stuff" really that important to us as a society? I guess it is. That's why these storage rental places keep popping up all over. I remember one of my co-workers in Portland saying that she had a storage rental place full of stuff. And a house full of stuff too.

And I am not immune. Here we just got our second storage shed. I am all for donating or yardsale-ing all the stuff we don't use any more. But not the hubby. He is all for keeping it in case of emergencies; like if we were to have a fire or something. There is a certain logic in that. But if, Heaven Forbid, that were to happen all of our friends, family and neighbors would pitch and help us out.

Probably from the stuff they have in THEIR storage sheds....

Well, OK. We will keep SOME stuff in storage. In case of an emergency; ours or our neighbor's.

*sigh*

LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story