Cow Business

 It has been a while since I have mentioned our happy beef herd.

The past couple of months cows have been dropping their second calves.  Today Gary and I moved them from one field to another.  It was like old dairy times again.  I went down and opened a gate that I would open every morning of this world for seventeen years...unless I was on vacation.


I don't miss it.  But it did remind me that I'd catch some spectacular sunrises and clouds.


Gary drove the truck with the trailer full of all of the calves into the field.  Then we went back up the road and got the cows.

Well, Gary did his "comeoncomeoncomeon" holler at them and they followed behind his four wheeler up along the pasture, through the gates and into to other field.

There they go:


We'd thought we had the whole herd right behind him.  But then we heard a deep bawl and here came the bull.  Lazy outfit, almost got left behind.  Haha...

Now Bella and I can go for walks in the fields closer to the house.  

Yippee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story