It is Sunny Here...

 Sunny and warm.

This does not bode well at the end of February.  Crocuses and daffodils are already blooming.  I am afraid that the fruit trees and berries are going to bloom early as well, and the blooms are going to get frozen some time in late March or early April.

The weather is making me itchy to get to gardening though.  I already ordered a few seeds and am planning my garden.  The garden beds here next to the house are pretty much surrounded by deer hoof prints, so I know I have to plant stuff that the deer won't eat....or at least will choose last.

Wednesday night my neighbor gave me an elderberry start.  I have to figure out where to plant it.  An elderberry bush can get quite large.  Plus, it's just the one shoot.  You are supposed to have 2 to get good pollination.  So I dunno.  We shall see.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story