A Real Snowman


If you don't have Facebook, here's the latest pic I posted of Ellen over there. I try not to double post, but sometimes I do.

Making this snowman made a couple of lightbulbs go off in my brain. For I dunno how many years I have watched the classic show; "Frosty the Snowman" and never questioned it.

But now I realize: what a load of hooey. A group of kids could not make that size of a snowman in such a short time. A chunk of ice that big weighs I dunno how much. I have to puff and strain to lift a 50 lb salt block. That middle ball there in the snowman seemed to outweigh a saltblock by about 300 lbs. Well, maybe I exaggerate, but it was HEAVY!!

At any rate, the snowman kit was obviously NOT made for snowmen this size; the scarf barely goes around his neck.

Also, the stupid pipe needed to have a cross piece put in it to keep it from turning upside down. Keep that in mind if you decide you make your own snowman kit. It looks dorky like this, but Ellen doesn't know the difference. She was enchanted with it. She helped make a couple of the balls but I put it together when she was down the road at Grandma's house.

Comments

Unknown said…
WOW! Unbelievable how much Ellen has grown! She was just a tiny little thing when I first started reading your blog! Now look at her!

Ha! As for the Frosty the Snowman thing...I never questioned it either! LOL!
Calfkeeper said…
Yeah, she's really shooting up there.
But look at your little one! She's growing up too!

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story