Once in a Blue Moon


December 31, 2009 was a blue moon; you know, the second full moon in one month. I don't keep very good track of these things, but this time I noticed. It took me a few days past it to decide what to do that I only do once in a blue moon, but I finally did it.

Yesterday, using a recipe I got off the C's blog; Random Thoughts and Musings from the Island, I made cupcakes. I don't think I have made cupcakes since I was in high school, and even then I don't remember. But this recipe was worth trying, and is so good I think I might make them before the next blue moon rolls around.

They are pretty simple; use a regular chocolate cake mix recipe, fill cups halfway full, then put a dollop of this cream cheese/chocolate chip mixture on top. Yum.

Very, very bad if you are determined to lose weight in the new year.

There are about 21 of them left in the fridge, each calling my name in their little cupcake voices. They are making quite the chorus along with the ice cream in the freezer. It's very annoying. Mind you, I am not at all a cake fan, but it's just the thought that they are there, and maybe I ought to try one again just to see if it's as good as the first.

But no. Hubby and Ellen can have them.

Comments

Oh, my husband just made a whole batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies . . . right when I am supposed to start weight watchers again!

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story