My Anorexic Armless Snowgnome


It was built for Ellen's benefit, of course, and she was delighted with it, though a bit put out because it didn't have arms so that we could put the mittens on it. However I wasn't going to trek around searching for the perfect arms for it. This is good enough. You can see in the background that we didn't actually get much snow, just barely enough to cover the ground, and it has melted off of the roads already. But I really wanted to use the snowman kit, for her benefit, so I scraped snow off of the porch and whacked it together really quick.

For Christmas I got her a snowman kit, and this is what it consisted of; felt hat, mittens and scarf (all of which could easily enough be made at home), wooden eyes, nose, mouth, buttons and pipe (yes, I realize it's upside down in the pic, but it wouldn't stay right side up)all on dowels that you shove into the snow. A cute concept; they all came in a decorated wooden box, which will probably take up space on a closet shelf 10-11 months out of the year. Oh, well, so do all the Christmas decorations.

By the way...when we were out making this Ellen was suited up for cold weather, but I took off her coat, hat, and mittens when we came inside so I could get the kit and the camera. Then we went back outside to apply the kit and take a quick picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story