Christmas is sneaking up on me...


This year it really has, anyway. Usually I have most of my gifts bought and wrapped by Turkey Day, but not this year.

This past Saturday the weather warmed up into the 40s and had you gone down K you perhaps would have seen our truck parked down between the heifer/bull lot and the dry cow lot. That would have been me.

Yes. My husband tends to forgo any non-productive types of work and one of those would be getting a Christmas tree. Therefore, it has become our Christmas tradition that I be the one to bring in the tree.

So to make a long story short; the fence-row up the road is now minus one slightly lopsided cedar tree. In keeping with tradition I took the dull, rusted, nearly useless handsaw and hacked it to death, then drug it up the road back to the truck.

Ellen and I decorated it that night. She was enchanted with the decorations; especially the banana, the peanut butter and jelly sandwich and the ice cream sundae. She also loves to jingle the snowman bells and play with the little angel kitties too.

So far there are only 2 gifts under the tree. But we are working on it.

Comments

jel said…
can't get over how much she has grown!


i posted this years christmas card on my blog. :)

so hohoho!
I am quite impressed that you get your own tree! Wow!
Merry Christmas!

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story