An interesting new-fangled thingy...


Hi, I'm back again...


This past Friday Ellen had another play day with the Parents As Teachers program in Buffalo. It's offered through the school system. The focus of this particular session was on brushing their teeth, though the gal from the health dept wasn't too prepared for her presentation and focused more on the older kids. (This play day deal focuses on kids birth through pre-school, I believe, though based on the name I think it's as much for the parents as for the kids.)
But she passed out toothbrushes to all the kids (and adults too for that matter) and for the little ones she had these as pictured above (taken with an old adult tooth brush for size comparison); an infant-toddler safety toothbrush.
I haven't tried it with Ellen yet. So far Snoopy is doing a pretty good job. However, I am going to try it.
Another bit of info I picked up is that "they" are now saying that you ought to begin flossing your baby's teeth as soon as they start to come in; flossing is more important than brushing. Heh! I can appreciate the truth in that theory, but "they" have obviously never tried to BRUSH an infant's teeth, let alone floss them. I actually tried it this past weekend and couldn't even get the floss in her mouth.

Comments

Donna. W said…
Yeah, I can't imagine getting a baby to let someone floss her teeth!
Calfkeeper said…
I'll be the person who came up with the idea never tried it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story