An Ellen post with picture...


Not too much exciting to post about lately so here is the latest picture of Ellen. I took this on Sunday after church. She does really well posing for me at home. I need to get more formal pictures at a studio again, but I haven't because I dunno how she'd react to the photographer. She might be grumpy.
For those of you who have been wondering; yesterday she FINALLY took her first steps on her own. At 19 months she certainly hasn't been in a hurry to walk, but she's on her way now. She uses the little push walking toy she has quite a bit and likes to walk holding our hands, but she has been too cautious to venture on her own. No so any longer. We were excited.


Other news:


Not sure if I have mentioned it on here yet or not, since I haven't been posting much lately, but I have found myself in a "situation." Ha.

For the last two years a family at church has run the Christmas program for the kids. This year they have too much else going on so they declined. So one Monday I get a call from the gal at church who does the little kids program; "hey," she says, "we can do this together." "ummm...ok," I say. Then this past Wed she says something to the effect; "oh, you go ahead and decide, you're in charge." And so I say, "wait a minute, when did that happen?"

**sigh**

Well, there's nothing like a new adventure to make great blogging fodder. We are doing a skit I found on the internet; a news anchor does man-on-the-street interviews to find out about how different people have Christmas joy. It's pretty funny. The REALLY funny thing is that the preacher's daughter has insisted on being the tipsy woman. She did a pretty bang-up job last week when we were rehearsing. I told her her father'd be proud.

Stay tuned...

Comments

Amrita said…
Ellen looks like a doll.
Unknown said…
Awww! The wee one is ADORABLE! My, how she has grown! XO
Calfkeeper said…
thank you, thank you all. Yes, she certainly is growing fast. It's amazing and kind of scary how fast they grow and change.
Anonymous said…
she is a cute~T~pie
J&I Taxidermy said…
SHe is sooo.... adorable! This is Tipsy Woman by the way...I made dad a site thing! :D I love Ellen, I'm so glad she is starting to walk, walking is wonderful! lol! :D

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story