This and That

 The past few days have flown right along.  I have been getting fall green beans and have fixed a few fresh, but I haven't canned any.  I just haven't had the time, or maybe I ought to say; I haven't made myself MAKE the time to can.

I made cherry jam last week.  I forget if I talked about that here.

Yesterday I cooked up 3 of the little pie pumpkins that I spent all spring and summer protecting from bugs.


I baked them for about 50 minutes, but they were a bit crispy still.  So I chunked them up and steamed the chunks until they were quite soft.  Then I used an immersion blender to get them really smooth.  I lined my wire strainer with a clean hanky and let the puree drip for a couple of hours, stirring once or twice.

Last Friday I went and met Janelle in person.  We've been pen pals for 40 years.  But that deserves its own blog entry.


I substituted two days last week.  Once for half day at the grade school and one full day at the high school.  Both were great experiences.

Now I need to go in and get busy with the random things that make domestic life go forward.

Oh, and have I got a Hope story!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story