Pull up a Chair


 Nature has grown little plates for Christmas dinner.  

Soon the squirrels will portion out acorns, walnuts and hickories on each plate, and little piles of dried berries.  There will be such a rustling of leaves as everyone take a spot, then teensy teacups of dew will be lifted after the blessing.  They will chitter and chatter as everyone chows down. 

Sometimes I wonder if I am quite right in the head for having such thoughts as I tromp about in the woods.  But then again, I am sure that my walks would be boring if I didn't let my mind take such flights of fancy. 


Comments

Donna. W said…
I make little stories about people, animals, and things all the time. Sometimes I even tell my husband one of my stories.
Calfkeeper said…
Oh, good. I think it's human nature perhaps to write stories in our mind, to make things make sense to our way of thinking. Though I guess it doesn't make much sense to imagine animals having a forest dinner. But people have been personifying nature for time out of mind.

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story