Frost Flowers 2023


 I had thought it was too late in the season to see any frost flowers, but this morning on our walk Bella and I found some.  

If you have just randomly run across this blog and really want to know what they are, you can Google it.  But simply put some plants, and only some, retain moisture in the stems or roots and when it dips to freezing the moisture in the plant also freezes and squeezes out in whorls and curls.  They are lovely to see.  

This morning I was in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't get many neat pics.  Maybe tomorrow.

Comments

Donna. W said…
Huh. I learn new things all the time!
Calfkeeper said…
Yes. I had never heard of them before I came here and would see them on our late fall and winter walks after a freeze.

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story