Adventures in Cooking

If there is one thing I love to do in the kitchen it's to try new things. After all, who wants to keep eating the same boring stuff all the time, right?

Yes, well.

There is this place south of town that sells discount groceries once or twice a month. I like to go there and see what they have; different produce, bags of flour, pasta...etc. You just never know.

One day I found purple cauliflower:


It makes a very colorful dish of vegetables, doesn't it? I loved it. Hubby was a bit dubious. He said it had an odd flavor. I will concede; it DID taste different, but not really so I could put my finger on it. Maybe a bit sweeter.

Ellen liked it. She ate it right up. She loves vegetables.

At .50 cents a head, if it ever shows up again, hubby had better be prepared to eat purple cauliflower again. That's all I can say.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'd eat it! That dish of veggies looks gorgeous.

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story