Odds and Ends

This has been the best summer in Missouri since I have been here. Today it's overcast, misty at times and in the 60s. Regular Northcoast weather. This is the first summer here that I will be sad to see end.

Hubby drilled another well this week; 260 feet deep. He is digging the ditches for the lines now. Then he has a couple of other jobs in queue. Seems people are wanting all their projects done before wetter weather gets here. Hubby went to a septic seminar yesterday. He said it was the most boring 8 hours of his life. But now he has credit to go toward his license renewal.

I have 4 calves on the bottle now. One is due to be weaned on Sept 3rd. We have one bull calf up the road to get rid of.

I have canned 30 pints of tomatoes so far. Yay! They haven't done well, but when you have 49 plants you are bound to get SOMETHING!

Comments

Julie said…
You know, I know it's a septic seminar, and just something they have to do, but does mean it absolutely has to be boring? I wonder if the people who give the seminar are bored by it too...and if so, why not try to make it better? I have sat through presentations where they have to impart lots of information and the presenters used humor to make it way less painful.

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story