A Gift from the West Indies



Sister in law got back from her cruise in the islands last week. She brought us a unique condiment from her travels; Banana Ketchup. Really it tastes much more like mustard, much spicier than tomato ketchup. But it's good. We like it. The banana taste is very prominent and makes it naturally sweet.

From SIL's descriptions I don't think I'd be the type to want to take a cruise. I don't think I could take the sea-sickness factor. Not my thing. Also, she said that all they really got to see were the touristy areas, not very much of going out into the real country side. Then again, pretty much all of those islands down there depend on tourism to even survive.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've been on 2 cruises before. Most cruise ships are sooo huge that you don't feel any of the typical boat rocking--one exception was at the end of our honeymoon cruise, there was a hurricane nearby & we did feel quite a bit of rocking because of that, but that's definitely not the norm.
Unknown said…
My Mom's country (the Philippines) has banana ketchup too, but it's different from the one you posted. I might just have to send you a bottle to compare!

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story