A Few Things...

First thing is that I have had an annoying head cold all week.  Usually any virus I catch goes straight to my lungs and I am congested for a month.  This all stayed in my sinuses, so it's pretty much gone.

But it had me feeling drained a bit so I haven't gotten as far along with my garden as I might have wanted.

But here are a few pics of garden 2024 progress.

There is a short row of beets marked by the bamboo pole.  Then there are 2 rows of green beans.  For time out of mind the Howards have planted Top Crop variety green beans.  Those have been hard to come by the past couple of years.  This year I actually ordered them by mail.  But to get enough seed I also bought 2 other varieties.  I planted Contender seed.  I forget the other variety at the moment, but I haven't planted it yet. In the background you can see I've started the sweet potato ridge.  


For kicks and sheer curiosity I ordered some bush sweet potato slips.  They arrived fairly sad looking.


However after a day or two in water they revived quite well.  I hope they manage to thrive.  I am so curious to see what they do.

The cat occasionally "helps" me garden in the beds near the house.  Here she is at her most active:


I got 8 cabbage plants.  A cutworm got one of them, the wretch!  But one head of cabbage lasts us a month, so it's no great loss.

Not pictured are the onions and radishes, of which we have been partaking daily.  Well, Gary and Ellen have been.  I'm not much of a fan of either.

And here, to make me happy, is the first rose blooming;


It was unfortunately chewed on by something, so looks rather ragged.  Ugh.

Well, today is my day for caregiving, so I will stop here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story