An Iris Race

Every year it's always fun to see which iris will bloom first.  At first I thought it was a race between the yellow and blue one:

The Yellow Iris


 

Or the Blue...  (I think this is supposed to be a "Blue" iris)



I wish I'd taken the time to focus the camera.  Ellen always gets frustrated with me and my lack of camera skills.  Haha...

And actually the yellow won between these two, but it was this one that came in first.  It just popped right out and surprised me.  


Unfortunately it's a bit damaged because I covered all of them night before last.


The temps got down into the lower 30s.  Gail's thermometer said 30 degrees, ours only said 32, but ours is under the carport, so it's probably not exact.

There are quite a few blooms coming on, and after they did all that hard work to produce them, I didn't want them to get frozen, so I hauled out the old sheets.  Of course now the stems are a bit wonky, but that is OK, the blooms will be lovely anyway.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story