Brrrr...

 Most of the nation has been thrown into the freezer for the next few days!  Here is what it was when we got up this morning.

Further north it is even colder, of course.  And in normally cold states it's colder, and more snow cover.  We have a bit of white stuff out there, but I think the roads are pretty much clear.  There may still be ice in spots.

I have been keeping the dog in the house, of course.  This is what she does in the mornings:


She goes from one window to the other, looking out and boofing occasionally at invisible things.  Up until this morning I have been taking her for a long walk, but when the temps are in the negatives like this I think I am going to forgo long walks.  When the sun comes out I will probably put her out in the kennel for a bit so she can do her business, but then I will bring her back in.

The cat goes out, does her business, then come back in and curls up for the day.  When Bella is in the house I shut the cat up in the bedroom to sleep in peace.  For a supposedly smart breed of canine she has little brains.  She just won't leave the cat alone; has to always be hovering over her, nudging her, pawing at her.  Smudge isn't the patientest of cats, she doesn't like to be held or fussed over by humans, let along a large, slobbery canine.  Haha..

**************

Well, I have to eat my words I guess.  Just a bit ago Bella told me she wanted outside, so I suited up and took her to the West Garden for a walk.  She did her business pretty quick-like, and wanted to go, but I made her stay out there a bit while I did a few circuits.  When I was walking the side headed toward the gate, she would run to it and stand there.


Then when I would turn the corner away from the gate she'd come frisking after me, bounce in front of me, hop up and boomp at my legs with her paws.  She will try to "herd" me, as it were, by nosing and mock biting at my legs and feet as I am walking away from the gate.  When I stop, she will stand in front of me. 


Then when I turn the corner, she will gallop ahead of me to the gate again.  She might be aggravating, but she's no total dummy.  This happens on every circuit when she is ready to go.

******

A constant chore in this weather is keeping the furnace stoked.  


 It never ends.  

********************

Pretty much most of the local churches have cancelled services due to the extreme cold.  Many of us depend on wood heat, so we can't leave the place for long or we'd get frozen pipes.  That's definitely not what you want to deal with in sub-zero temperatures.

OK.  Off to chores and whatnot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story