A couple of Maxwell House Finds...


When we cleaned out the aforementioned Maxwell House I tried to salvage as much as I could of things that could be of any value.  I didn't take pictures of much of it, maybe I ought to take more pics of the things I found, but here are two.  

In the cupboards and on the kitchen counters I found this set of Corelle dishes.  I believe there are 24 pieces in total, all in perfect condition, no chips.  I have my own set of Corelle, so I am torn as to what to do with it.  Should I keep it, should I sell it?  I dunno.  We just don't use this many dishes, and we'd never use the cups, or the different sizes of bowls and plates.  I think I will just sell it.



This is my collection of lotus blossom bowls.  I like them.  They make me happy.  Why, I don't know, but they do.  I have never bought on new.  My first 3 or 4 I found at an estate sale.  The others I have added from yard sales. 

Anyway.

I found 2 of these in the Maxwell House.  One was intact, one was chipped.  I added the good one to my collection and am using the chipped one as a water dish for the cat.

Thankful things:  (Hmmm...this isn't so easy on this post, oh, I know.)  Yes, I am thankful that even in the midst of a disaster of a house I was able to find a few nice things. Something to keep and something to pass along to someone else. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story