Yikes

OK. That was quite a long break from blogging.

I am back.

Not that I have too much to blog about.

Let's see. What has been happening in the past over-a-month since I have blogged?

On March 5th I weaned my last bottle baby. We've had 2 bull calves come along, but no one has dropped a little heifer calf since then; almost a full month.

A couple of weeks ago hubby took the bigger heifers back to their summer pasturage; in Windyville and Long Lane. This means I am only graining 2 groups up the road again.

Last Monday the 4-wheeler got a flat tire up the road one morning while I was doing the graining. I fed them, then hiked the 3/4 mile home in my rubber boots.

Note to self (and anyone else who'd like some advice): avoid hiking on concrete in rubber boots; not real nice on your feet.

I went to a wedding shower, and the subsequent wedding. Lovely.

Ellen had her 5 yr checkup last Wed. She did not take well to the booster shots; FOUR of them. She had nasty reaction to one of them. It is still a little bruised, even now.

Day after tomorrow I am taking Ellen in for her kindergarten registation and screening. I am doing this with great trepidation. Ellen, I am sure, is going to take a notion to be contrary. It is my guess she will neither speak to the interviewer, nor do any sort of cooperating whatsoever.

I also pulled up the carpet in the front room and put down adhesive vinyl floor tile. This sounds super easy in one sentence, but it was a long drawn-out process as I had to sandwich it all in between everything else. We still have yet to put down the metal strips.

Time to fix supper.

Gotta go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story