Waxing Nostalgic




For the past couple of weeks I have been watching the complete second season of The Waltons on DVD. Last year I watched the complete first season. I remember when I was a kid I LOVED this program and watched it religiously. Hubby watched it often as well when he was younger, and he can remember what happens in certain episodes.

Some of the stuff is hilarious; like when the new preacher and Grandpa pay a visit to the Baldwin sisters and get roaring drunk on "The Recipe." Though I still think it's quite a stretch that those old ladies didn't know they were making whiskey in that still. But it's one of the funnier things I remember about the show.

In thinking back I am surprised my father ever even let me watch a show that included a "recipe," but I guess he overlooked it. He was VERY anti-alcohol.

Anyway, watching this show makes me think back to my own growing up and how idyllic it was, though I didn't realize it at the time. I had a pretty trouble-free childhood. I am grateful for that, it's such a blessing. Not many kids these days can say that.

Comments

jel said…
they don't make show like that any more. that was good


we did have a very blessed childhood , but at times we didn't think so!
Calfkeeper said…
jel-yeah, you never appreciate what you have until it's gone. Seems life is always like that.

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story