Thank you Veterans

And thanks also to all those who have served in our military since the inception of our country.  My brother, Dan, my Uncle Milton, and so many others, some of whom will never be known or remembered.

Ellen's great-great-great grandfather, Edward Spain Howard, was a Lieutenant in the Army in the Civil war.  According to what information we have, he marched with Sherman through Georgia.  Ellen's aunt has a photocopied picture of him.  I wish he'd kept a journal or something like that; that could have been passed down over the generations.  I wonder about his wife's family; what her maiden name was and if there are any descendants on that side of the family. 

He and his wife are buried at Benton Branch Cemetery in the London Smoke area, I believe.  I am not clear about the neighborhood names around here. 

God bless America!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story