Ellen and her Cake

Here is Ellen and the cake she won at the cake walk during the Long Lane Carnival last Saturday.  She was pleased as punch to win.  We only played the game ONCE and she won.  I forget, did I already blog about this?  I don't think so.  And if I did I know I didn't post this picture.

Anyway.

The label on the cake says it's white with white frosting, but when I cut into it the cake is actually red.  It's pretty good.  I think it even has homemade frosting on it.  The store stuff usually has a subtle taste you can detect. 




***********************************************************************

In continuing pumpkin news:

I have one pumpkin in the crock pot; hopefully cooking down into pumpkin butter.  The seeds from it just came out of the oven.  YUM!

I have another pumpkin in the freezer in a pureed state.  Hopefully to become pie or pumpkin bread or somesuch other yummy. 

The third pumpkin is yet sitting in the kitchen floor; awaiting its fate.  Whatever that fate may be.  We will see how the pumpkin butter turns out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story