Random News

 There really isn't any new news here with us; nothing exciting anyway.

This coming weekend is the prom at the high school, so Ellen is gearing up for that. She also is working on a FBLA project, as well as several other projects for her classes.  Last month she'd had to do a research project for her government class. This week she got the results; an 89/90.  So she was pretty pleased about that.  She is still struggling in her math class, the trig section, but as far as I am concerned compared to me in high school she is a math genius.

Gary has been busy delivering gravel, fixing wells and doing random jobs here.  He has been dozing and cleaning up around the old homestead place on the back ridge.  He's going to fix the fences up there and let the beef herd down into the bottoms to graze....eventually.  It's going to take a while to get the fences fixed and everything cleared off. 

Our first beef calves are getting really big.  They are 4 or 5 months old now.  But one heifer just had her calf last month; he is so cute, so tiny compared to the other calves.  Gary figures she calved so late because she probably slipped a calf partway through her pregnancy, then got pregnant again a few months later.  Gary hasn't banded the bulls, and he has registered them.  So I presume he is going to sell them as registered breeding bulls, instead of for beef. 

Gary is also working on upgrading his squeeze chute.

I am still helping Ray and Ottilla one day a week; Thursdays, which would be today.  Ray just finished his last chemo treatment.  Now just to wait and see how his next tests turn out.   

As far as getting my certification for substitute teaching; I am waiting on the Educator Certification office in Jeff City to get my transcripts, get them entered into my records on the system and then email me that it's done.  THEN I will turn in my application.  So I have a feeling that I will not be doing any sub teaching this year.  Which is fine.  

My Sunday school class is going well.  I have 4-6 regular students; 4 of them being boys.  There are 2 little girls who come on occasion.  They are all cute.  My age group is from 7-9 years old, and 3 of the boys will be leaving this year.  One is already 10, but is waiting to move up until the other boys move. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story