Off and Running...or walking, as it were...


 The past 2 or 3 Saturday mornings a few people from church have been meeting at the church and going running.  Today 2 walkers joined the group; that would be me and my neighbor.  Another of the runners joined us in walking.  A---  took this photo of the runners with her phone, as she was in the center of the road.  

The runners went 2 miles down the road and then back for a total of 4 miles, we walkers just went one mile back and forth for a total of 2 miles.  It was fun.  But I really need new shoes.  I just wore my old broken down shoes and now my feet hurt.  

It took us walkers a bit over 40 minutes to do our two miles.  The road is pretty rolling, as you can see.  You don't really notice it that much when you are driving, but when you are on foot it's a bit of a pull up and down them all.

After 3 days or so of rain and clouds it was nice and sunny today; fairly crisp actually.  It was in the upper 30s at 8 AM when we met.  But we were pretty well warmed up by the time we got back to the church.

Due to the walking excursion I am later in the day in blogging.  Usually I blog in the mornings.  Ellen is off to the Junior/Senior prom this evening.  She almost half didn't want to go, for a variety of reasons.  One of which was the fact that she doesn't have a boyfriend.  I am glad she doesn't have a boyfriend at this point; she needs to be focusing on her classes and grades.  But part of me wishes she did have a nice guy to go out with on occasion.  All in good time, I do hope.  After the prom, which is down near Fair Grove, they are headed back up to Buffalo to go bowling.  Ellen, once again, isn't sure she really wants to go bowling.  She says she doesn't plan on staying the entire time at the prom either.  Says most kids are planning on leaving the prom after an hour or so.  We are just worried about her driving at night, with Lord knows who or what else out on the roads. 

Gary has been working on the squeeze chute for when we need to vaccinate and check these new calves.  We probably need to vaxx the heifers as well.  

Today after walking I did the usual random house chores that come up; laundry, vacuuming...etc.  A few days ago I got a couple of new throw rugs so I switched those out.  A new rug always looks sharp when you first put it down.  It changes the room.

For now I will stop nattering on and maybe go do something else constructive.  I am going to be teaching the Wednesday night Ladies Bible Study for the next 11 weeks.  We will be reading though a Jen Wilkin book; "Ten Words to Live By".  It's pretty good.  I think it will be a great study.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story