COVID Again

 Yep,  Gary got COVID again.  For this reason I haven't been on here blogging.  The only time I blog is when I am on the laptop here, and when he is sick this tends to become his domain.  I am quite, quite sure I am going to come down with the beast here in a few days.  This time he had like over a week of mild congestion leading up to it, and that is what I have had the past couple of days.  I am doing everything I can think of to keep Ellen from catching it here at the end of the school year.  I follow Gary around sanitizing everything he has touched or sneezed on; same for myself.  Every door knob, drawer handle, faucet handle, counter food container, door jams...whatever.  I have stayed "quarantined" more or less, in the bedroom.  Last time I caught COVID that seemed to work; no one else caught it.  

In any case, in the past few days Gary has sold off all but two of the calves.  One has a sore foot and the other one is only about 6 weeks old.  I miss watching them out there playing.  This part of beef farming is the worst.  Here's another sunset to picture my funky mood.


I had been making Easter stuff to sell at the vendor and family Easter celebration tomorrow in Long Lane at Johnny's store.  But I guess I won't be going, just out of consideration for the whole community. I will save my stuff for next year.

Here are some loom knitted bunny baskets.  I was going to put some of that green "grass" gunk in them along with a small toy and a piece of candy and put cellophane around them to sell.  I think I might have sold a couple of them at least.  The blue one on the right is made out of scrubbie material.  I am not sure if I like how that one turned out.  The purple one on the left is having issues with his ears, but he is still cute. 

Last night I finally raked the leaves away from the front of the house.  It is amazing how you don't realize how many are there until you fluff them up.  Then you rake and rake and rake and don't seem to make a dent in them.  



I think today, among many other projects, I am going to work on getting Little Brother, the small rototiller, out to till up my garden beds near the house.  Then I am going to plant onions till the sun goes down.  

Ha.

Onions and radishes and lettuce and all that jazz. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story