Just a Random Photo


 Sometimes I go through my camera pictures on this phone and wonder; What in the world was I trying to get a photo of with this picture?  Usually I have to think a bit, but then I figure it out.

I took this picture above when I was out walking in the fenced in garden.  This weed is the first to bloom in Spring, so the bees just flock to it.  I took this because somewhere in there is a honey bee and I was so pleased to see her flying around collecting pollen.  

Just last week Gary was up cleaning out around the old Homestead house on the back ridge with the bulldozer.  He pushed an old dead tree over and discovered it was a honey bee tree.  He was heartbroken that he'd done that to them.  I told him that they would find a new place and recover.  The queen would find a new dead tree and they'd make a new hive.  I have heard that they will even transfer all of the honey over to it.  Those old dead trees can't stand there forever and must eventually fall apart on the bees anyway.  I'm glad to know there are still healthy honey bee hives around. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story