Staying Busy

A couple of days ago I finished a project I started in mid-December.  I saw on a Facebook page that someone had made little dolls like this, so I tried it as well.  Per Ellen's advice I modified it from what the other person had done, and I think they turned out super cute.  Gingerbread cookie dolls.


Their smiles leave a great deal to be desired.  I wish I were more talented at doing faces.  But I figure younger children will probably end up with them, and usually they aren't too picky.  That is also why I didn't put the plastic safety eyes in them.  I realize one doesn't put a cherry on a real gingerbread cookie, or at least I have never seen any like that, but it makes a nice addition to a 3-dimensional doll.  I am hoping the little ties maybe resemble a little piece of that red rope candy.

So these dollies will be packed away until Nov or December, to be taken to a Christmas/Craft Bazaar somewhere. 

Now I am going to make more of the other little dolls that I'd made.  I took this picture at the Christmas Bazaar we had at the Lion's Club in Long Lane this past November.


Of the ones pictured above I have one furry teddy left, and 2 of the dolls I think. I did send 2 dolls to a friend as a gift.  She loves that kind of thing and wanted badly to see them.  She has a cell phone, but doesn't know how to do social media, or even how to text a photo or anything like that.

So now I am going to be making more dollies.  A neighbor also sent me a large skein of yarn, a crochet hook, knitting needles and an instructional book on how to use them all.  Really I would like to learn how to crochet those little amigurumi animals.  That will keep me busy.

That, and occupying Ellen.  Today will be her 4th AMI day; a snow day off from school, in other words.  We had a little bit more snow yesterday evening, but not really enough to impact the main roads.  It's the little side roads that were covered with ice the other day, ice and snow, and the sub-freezing temps haven't let anything thaw, so the buses can't make it safely through them. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story