Snowmen Ornaments

Over the years, mostly thanks to my mom, and other people, I have built up a collection of snowmen ornaments.  The first couple of years after I married and moved here to Missouri my mom would send us a set of ornaments every December.  I am not sure she meant them always to be snowmen, but they were, or at least contained a snowman or two.

This was the first set: snowmen bells.


 They came in this round box: 

I think on the back of these I noted that she'd sent them to us in 2005.

There is also this set, which I think she sent in 2006, but I am not sure.

I don't have pictures of them on the tree, but they are metal and are anywhere from 4-5 inches in height. The lid of the box has faded over the years, but it is still cute enough to display on its own.

This set below was also sent to us my by mom, but I forget when.  I am not sure I wrote the date on the box.  We usually set them up on a shelf, instead of hanging from a tree.

This snowman on a star was given to my by one of my Wednesday night girls.  Back when I was teaching the teens Wed nights at church.  Jessica would always give me an ornament as an appreciation gift.  I think this would date from 2010-ish or so.
The following two snowmen were my mom's.  At least they were with her Christmas things when she moved here.  The last like ten to twenty years of her life she didn't ever even decorate for Christmas, so I strongly suspect she'd bought them to send to Ellen at some point, but they got packed away and she forgot, due to her dementia.  In any case, they are adorable.  The boxes are as cute as the ornaments, so we display them as well; though they didn't get displayed this year for some reason. 

The above snowman...I have no idea where he came from.  I might have bought him from a store.  The same goes for the snowman below.  They are just mystery snowmen I guess. 
The one below I got in a card from when I participated in a card exchange with people from a site called Homesteading Today.  It's made from a paint stirring stick.  Pretty clever.  I ought to do these with my Sunday School class.
This S'more snowman I got from my sister-in-law Gail just this Christmas.  Isn't he cute? 
This wooden fellow, well actually I have 3 of these, I got from a lady at church.  She did these as a project with our girls' group in December 2022.  She gave each of us ladies in Wednesday night Bible study one, plus she had a bunch left over, so I got 2 more.  I might give the extras out as gifts one day, but I have kept them so far, because they are cute. 



 It seems like I have more, but I can't think of any of them at the moment.  I will have to keep looking for cute snowmen sets.  My mom would get those sets at the grade school where she worked as a teacher's aide.  Every December they'd have a book fair,or some sort of sale at the library, with different vendors, and they'd have nice ornament collections for sale, apparently. 



Comments

Donna. W said…
I have a few snowman ornaments myself. Until this Christmas, we hadn't put a tree up since 2017. I was surprised at how happy it made me to see the tree all lit up when I got up in the mornings.
Calfkeeper said…
Ah, yes. I have in the past referred to myself as the Christmas Tree Grinch, but this year I really enjoyed having the tree up, seeing the lights, looking at the ornaments and remembering where I got each of them. Decorating the tree is a walk down memory lane. Plus I also loved seeing the tree lit up.

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story