New Year 2024

 A bright, happy New Year 2024 to all.


This was a sunset from last year.  Last week actually.  I think it was the evening after the snow.  I wish I could get the little phone camera to capture the detail, but it was lovely any way.  

An interesting note to this.  I belong to a Facebook group called "Love My Ozarks."  The point of the group is to share Ozark history and photos...etc.  But yesterday or day before the moderators announced that they are only going to accept so many sunrise/sunset photos from now on because so many of them were being submitted that it was messing with the algorithm somehow.  Maybe it was starting to only show people the sunsets and sunrises and not show any of the other posts.  In any case, there are over 50,000 members in that group and quite a few of them were offended, a couple even left the group because of it.  I thought it was sort of amusing that people would get so upset.

Oh, wait.  This is supposed to be my new year's post.  

Ellen spent the night at a cousin's last night.  They had a party with a few friends from school there.  I am sure she had a great time.  Gary and I just went to bed and slept.  I think I woke up at 1 AM, or sometime around there.  

Long ago I gave up doing resolutions for the New Year, but yesterday I did a lesson for my Sunday School class about making better decisions for yourself and keeping them, using Philippians 4:13 as the Scripture.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.  

I guess being nicer to your brother is a great attitude to have to start the new year with.  Haha...  Or being able to tithe from having earned $100.  These from a 10 year old and 9 year old respectively.  Kindness, industry and generosity are good goals to have any time of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story