Snowmen we have known...

 This, I believe, is the first big snowman I ever built for Ellen.  I am almost certain I posted a picture of it on here when I did it.  But I remember while I was building it, she was playing in the snow, making random snowballs and whatnot and it occurred to me that making snowmen isn't for the faint of heart.


 

If you remember in the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes" Calvin was forever building huge snowmen, herds of snowmen; some he called snow goons.  I remembered that comic and was quite sure of its fictionality, because no 6 year old would have the patience or endurance to build multiple snowmen that much taller than himself out in the frigid air.  Haha...

Here is another snowman we built.


She was a bit older in this picture, and was able to help me more.  If we had put our minds to it, and if we'd had enough snow, we might have been able to build a whole herd of snowmen.  Haha...

In past years we just haven't had the amount of snow needed to build such large snowmen.  Not that I am complaining.  But when we get snow, it seems to be super dry, not right for snowman building.  Then it either blows away or evaporates.  

Last year Ellen built a super small snowman for herself.  Maybe we will get the chance again to do a larger one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story