Old Pictures


 The above is a picture of our old cat, Matilda, a few months before she passed.  I believe Smudge is in her carrier beneath.  

In glancing through my photos to find something to post and blog about I got to thinking about how much things have changed since I first started taking photos.  I had a little 110 camera with those flash cubes.  I remember buying and inserting the film, doubles exposures, rewinding the film, taking it to be developed...etc. Then piles of photos, the negatives, photo albums...etc.  

I remember it was always fun getting the packet of photos back so you could see if any of your pictures were actually good, or if they were off center.  Nowadays, with digital technology, a bit of the fun has gone out of it.  But if you see you don't have a nice shot,  you still have the family there so you can make them stay in position to get a better photo.  That part is nice.

I do however miss having the packets of photos to look through.  When Ellen was little I did order prints regularly, some to keep, some to send to my mom.  Now that she is older, I haven't ordered prints for myself for a long time.  Ellen occasionally orders prints of herself and her friends.  I really need to order more to have in case the internet crashes completely. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story