My Random Oddness...


 Yesterday when I got in the car to head to Plad Pantry (which is a discount grocery store in the township of Plad) the odometer read 160051.  I know that it's 10 miles from our place to that store, but I didn't take any chances; as soon as it flipped over to 61 at the end I pulled over into someone's driveway and took this picture.  I missed it when it went to 160000; got distracted on the way to town last week.  

 

Below you will find butter in a bowl.  I am sure you wonder why that is at all significant.  Yes, well, here it is.  This was Wednesday afternoon and I needed something to take to the Ladies Meeting the next day.  On occasion I will cook up a jar of green beans and take them, but I am about green beaned out so I decided to make a batch of cookies.  Snickerdoodles are the easiest to make, and are the ones Ellen's friend's have started requesting when they have a get-together.  But Snickerdoodles require a full cup of butter...softened...and all of my butter was in the freezer.  I took it out and sliced it up so it would soften faster.  Then Ellen came along and suggested we hurry the process along a bit.  I asked if she had any suggestions and she said yes; use the hair dryer.   

Haha...so we did.


And it worked!  We had to put it on low and keep it well above the bowl so as not to blow the sugar around (the butter is on top of the white sugar in this pic) and so it didn't liquefy the butter.  Now, you might think that it would blow stuff into the butter, like lint, or the sitch.  But it really didn't.  On that low setting it just gave off heat, it didn't really blow much air.  I didn't notice any hairs or lint or anything on the actual butter when I went to beat it, so I guess that works pretty well in a pinch. 

I remember my father was ingenious at coming up with different ways to accomplish odd tasks.  Ellen seems to have inherited that tendency.  I would also add that I believe impatience is a good at mothering invention as necessity is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story