Various things...

Ellen was so taken with her new doll house yesterday that she insisted on sleeping with the little "kitchen," as she calls it. It's the little stove/oven piece. She had to take it with her down to show her Grandma and Aunt this evening.

****

Hubby and I were discussing, over our fresh bread from the bread machine tonight, how glad we were to be out of school. I am so glad I do not have to go through my adolescence and teen years and all yet again. Urgh! I watch what these kids go through now and I don't envy them at all.

****

On that note I recall when I was in Jr high and highschool some of the fads that were out. Neon colored clothes, leg warmers, Cabbage Patch Dolls, Michael Jackson music...ummm...what all else? I forget.

****

We were also discussing that spelunker who died a few days ago. He was only about 19or 20 I believe. He wedged himself into this teeny crack in a cave, upside down no less, and couldn't get out. They were unable to get him out, no matter what all they tried. So they are going to just seal up the cave with cement and leave him there. Lord, what a way to go. I have a horror of small spaces. I don't even like sitting in the middle of the pew at church. I don't know if that qualifies as claustophobia, I mean I don't panic or anything, but I just don't like feeling squeezed in. But anyway, what a terrible grief for the family.

****

Oops, got to head to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story