The Other Two Hibiscus

The one above is the one I grew from a seed given to me by Betty from church; about 3 years ago now, I believe.  I wonder what variety it is; it grows so tall.  You can barely see the hibiscus I mentioned yesterday; the one that is about to bloom there at the top of the group of plants.  She is much shorter and the leaves are smooth and shiny.  

Below is the Mother's Day Hibiscus:
 

She is in my flower bed where this year I have planted a whole packet of zinnias.  I just threw them in there randomly.  I am sure it is way overcrowded and some will get smothered out.  I have transplanted a few of them, and learned that they do not take well to transplanting; some survived, some did not.  The transplanted ones that survived are about a quarter of the height of these.  So anyway, I have just left the rest of them grow and make the best of it.  I keep the weeds out and am anticipating their blooms.

I am also anxious to see how large the hibiscus gets.  I might have to pull the zinnias from around it, so it doesn't get shaded out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story