Before and After the Tilling

 The rain has dried up for now and I am back to watering the garden nightly.  Or sometimes in the early morning.

But while it was wet the weeds had a party in the garden, trying to drown out the vegetables.


It just looked awful.  As you can see I grubbed out around the vegetable plants as best as I could, but I just didn't have the energy in the high humidity to shovel up the weeds between the rows.

But it finally dried up enough that Gary and I got both tillers out and had a session working things down.


This was the next day after tilling where you can see the sun dried things up a bit and the garden actually looks salvageable.

With God's great blessings, I will have beans to can and beets to pickle next week.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story