More Snow

Not much, but enough to make our morning walk enchanting.  I don't really know as Bella cared one way or the other about taking a walk in the snow, but she enjoyed herself as usual.  I enjoyed myself, too.  Snow makes familiar sights along the walk enchanting.


 

I wonder if it makes it more difficult for Bella to smell where the squirrels have been.  

Every weed, every vine and tree are turned into a work of art, etched over with white.




I see the above vine looped over on itself most every day we go down there, but seeing it covered in white makes it really stand out.  I think it's an old grape vine.  It would have to be old.  Gary had the cows down there in summers for close on to 20 years or more, and they wouldn't have allowed a new grapevine to grow.  In fact, since there haven't been cows down there for a couple of years now, there's  more and more vegetation taking over again.  Probably even poison ivy/poison oak, though I haven't seen any yet.  Cows love that stuff, and it doesn't seem to affect them at all.  I think the deer eat it too.

In fact, the weeds and grass are all super thick and tangled where Gary doesn't mow.  It makes great habitat for rodents.

Bella loves digging for the rodents in the weeds.  As you can see:


 She had disappeared for some time, and when she caught back up with me she looked like this.  Seemed pretty pleased with herself.  I like to watch her, all I can see are her hindquarters and wagging tail above the weeds. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story