Frost on the Field

 

A couple of mornings ago it was in the upper 20s when Bella and I took our morning amble around the back field to the West.  It was a frosty fall wonderland.  When it is this cold it's hard to get up the gumption to rig up in all my sweatshirts and coats and head out, but once outside I do enjoy it.  The crispy temps keep you on the move, no lolly-gagging, so I get my steps in pretty quick-like.  Otherwise, as you'd know if you've read my ramblings on here long enough, I tend to pause to check out curious oddities and ponder on them.  

Like terrapin shells.  Here it is from a different angle, showing the chip and crack in it.  Upon studying it I don't think it was caused by a predator after all on account of the crack extends further back along the carapace.  You can sort of see it...


 See how I get distracted.  I took this picture yesterday, not on the frosty morning day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story