A Spring Walk to the Faerie Spring

 Yesterday it just happened.  

The dog and I ended up going to the Faerie Spring.  We had been going out across the back upper pasture here on the ridge where the cows overwinter.  But we hadn't been able to the past 2 weeks because of turkey season and random wandering hunters...one of which we have no idea who it was, which is concerning.  Secondly, a few days ago I discovered that the Canadian geese that frequent the ponds there in the West pasture are attempting to nest in the bushes of that back pasture.  Bella and I and Ellen went back there over the weekend and heard the geese wanking back in the bushes.  Since they are almost always out in the pasture or there on the pond I knew they must be trying to set.  It would be neat if they were successful and actually were able to raise a couple of goslings.

I digress.

So Bella and I bypassed that back field and went a bit further to go through the wooded area on the edge of the ridge.  We were doing fine until I heard the spring rushing through.  After getting 4 or 5 inches of rain it was really calling us loudly.

So we scrambled down the leaf-covered sloped and enjoyed some some Faerie Spring time.

You can see in this bottom picture how steep the slope is to get down there.  This is a flat area, but for the most part you can see that this spring is at the bottom of a gully.



Bella loves it down there.  


There are a few wildflowers blooming down there.  I love this root that extends over the flowing water.


There must have been a thousand acorns sprouting.  I am sure the deer will end up eating most of them, maybe they will stay out of my garden this summer.

 

I love catching the morning sun coming through the trees.

We didn't stay down there long, but it was spiritually refreshing to amble around down there for a bit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story