A Small Indulgence


 This past Saturday we all loaded up and headed down to Silver Dollar City.  Mostly we hit the music shows, but by the end of our stay I am generally tired of tromping around.

Everyone else wanted to go to Grandfather's Mansion, but I elected to stay up near the Gazebo.  The danger of this is that there are random fun shops up around there.  An ice cream shop, a general store, the apple butter shop...  The one I love is the salt water taffy shop.  They have an antique taffy machine and make their taffy on site.  I am not a big taffy fan, but I love sampling the different unique flavors, and it smells delish in there. The trouble is that I get a couple of each of several flavors but forget what I've gotten by the time I check out.  I need to get pictures of which I get and write down which flavors they are.  

I remember a few of them:

The swirly yellow and pink one at the top is called Fire in the Hole, which is the name of a ride there at the park.  It's cinnamon and fruity flavored. 

Below that is the caramel colored one with green in the center.  That is caramel apple flavored.

Directly right to Fire in the Hole is the red and brown one.  I believe that is chocolate covered cherry flavored.  I am not a fan of fake chocolate flavoring, so I didn't think it was the best.

The tan one with the dark brown spots, on the bottom right is flavored chocolate chip.  

The orange one in the middle is a spicy mango flavor.  Really good.

The blue one is some berry flavor, I forget which.  Not bad.

Next time I am going to write down what I get.

I forget the flavor of the other swirled one.  There was a mocha flavored one I think I got, that might be it.

 I have tried them all yet.  Like I said, taffy isn't my favorite, so I take my time eating them.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story