Easter Fun


This coming Wednesday evening is going to be our Youth Service Cookie Swap at church, so yesterday I tried my hand at making these little guys. It's just a no-bake cookie recipe molded into nest shapes with mini jelly beans in them. You can make them in a mini muffin pan, but I think the ones I did free-form on the cookie sheet look better. I am also going to make a batch of the chocolate recipe, and they will probably look better, more nest-like maybe, to show off the jelly beans. But I had to find a recipe that doesn't include peanut butter, on account of one of the girls in the class has a deadly nut allergy, her mom packs around in inhaler for her just in case. She isn't as allergic to peanuts as she is to tree nuts, but I am not going to take the chance.

One of the boys in the class offered to lead the teen devotional for this youth service. He will probably chicken out because this past Wed night he asked if there would be adults watching, I said, "Yes." So we shall see. In any case, all they are going to do is just play a game; two teams will see who can win at covering one member completely with toilet paper. Then after they are done you use the empty wrappings to illustrate the Easter Story. It ought to be fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story