Taking a Break From Gardening Posts


 It's mid August; I'm about at my limit of gardening.  The squash bugs are overcoming my garden, mainly because I don't have the patience or time to keep waging war on them, and I refuse to spray pesticides.  

Glorious Autumn is on its way soon and that means random vendor events, which I enjoy participating in.  Here are a couple more octopi I created, with different eyes.  Ellen loves the googly eyes.  Haha...  I am working on a couple more in different colors.  I might make a few smaller ones.  Plus I'm going to create a couple more chickens.  I'd made 3 big hens to put in a friend's boutique.  They sat there for 2 months or so, but suddenly the 3 of them have sold just in the past 2 weeks.  I think people buy them for their fall decorations.

I don't do these vendor events for money as much as I do them to be able to get rid of things I love to make, and to recoup the cost of the yarn.  Getting out and visiting people is also fun.  I am looking forward to our Christmas Bazaar at the Lions Club.  Last year we had a really good turnout.  

This year I am going to include a few paper crafts; cards and folios...  I am interested to see how those will sell. 


These are the Autumn themed ones I've created recently.

A peek at the inside of one; journaling cards, bookmark, little scratch pad under the card in the center.  Just something different.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story